Monday, October 28, 2013

The Book Nook: The Beginning of Everything

Hey guys it's Hannah! Sorry it has been a while, I had a very busy summer. The school year has started again and things are just as crazy but I promise to post more :). The first quarter of my junior year in high school is almost over, and let me tell you, no one was kidding when they said junior year is the hardest grade in high school. Ezra Faulkner though, the main character in the novel The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schnedier, would probably disagree with me.
     
            
           Ezra had it easy his whole high school career, that is until a car hit him and shattered his leg, and his girlfriend cheated on him. Before that he was king-the star of the tennis team, in all advanced classes, class president, and had a super hot and popular girlfriend. But then the end of junior year came and his life came crashing down. When senior year rolled around it seemed the thing that would put his life back together was actually a person, Cassidy Thorpe, the new girl.
        I will admit when I first picked up this novel I was expecting a beach read. I was pleasantly surprised. Through this novel Robyn Schneider explores the idea of personal tragedy: the supposed terrible moment that a person can look back on in life and say that changed it all. The reader gets to bare witness to Ezra's personal tragedy and how it changed his life.
       This novel is hilarious and heart-wrenching. It is witty and charming and so much better deeper than I thought it would be, you will fall in love with the characters and be sad to see the book end. Robyn Schneider has written a beautiful book about personal tragedy and breaking out of the molds the people in our lives expect us to fall in. I really enjoyed this book and I encourage all of you to check it out! If you liked it, comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment