Right now I'm unemployed and I'm looking for a job, though I can't say my life is empty: I make weekly book reviews on my Italian YouTube channel and I'm writing several YA novels that I hope to publish someday in the future.
My life goal is to become a skillful storyteller and to write an episode of Doctor Who :) I really want to learn more about writing. Anytime I sit on my bed and start typing on my laptop I feel like I'm gifted with countless possibilities.
My stories are written for a teenage audience and often involve demons, spaceships, people with crazy names and Grim Reapers.
I'm kind of a geek, and I love videogames, science fiction and anime. I used to read (and own) lots of manga, and I grew up drawing and imitating that particular art style. Now I like drawing characters from my novels or make tributes to stories I love by drawing fanart.
I'd like to work in books – I have no idea of how things work in that particular business, but I know I want to be there and somehow make a little change :)
TEN THINGS YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT ME
- I love Rapunzel. It's my second favorite Disney movie and I love to watch the dvd every time I want to try to get some sleep. I also used to watch it on repeat for hours and cry like a baby at the ending.
- YA fiction is my favorite genre. Ever. I also read adult fiction but I really like being able to relate to characters and situations described in YA lit. Also, I quite like being a teenager.
- I read lots of books but I don't really believe in books for girls, or books for boys. If I like the plot and the characters, I will read it no matter what.
- I love time travel stories. That's the main reason why Doctor Who is my favorite show. I often try to incorporate time travel mechanics into my novels, but it's actually pretty hard.
- I love videogames. At the moment, my favorite one is Fallout 3 — not just for all the gore and the action, but mostly for the plot and the post-apocalyptic landscapes.
- I really don't have a favorite movie, but I really really loved Weekend (by Andrew Haigh), Toy Story 3, Inception and everything with Saoirse Ronan in it.
- I actually have a few favorite books: The Knife of Never Letting Go (by Patrick Ness), 1Q84 Book 1-2 (by Haruki Murakami) and Mockingjay (by Suzanne Collins).
- I love pizza and everything pizza and just pizza, thank you (if you want to get me a present, please let it be pizza-related and I will love you 5ever)
- When I was a kid I used to write Pokémon fanfiction where I was the main character, a Pokémon trainer. It may sound silly, but it really helped me get through a lot. When I had no one to turn to, I just wrote fanfiction and dreamed about the Pokémon world. I'm really grateful for Pokémon, even though I wish I had had the courage to be confident and not so shy. But this actually helped building up my own persona and it really improved my writing.
- I squeal like a fangirl anytime I see something Muppets-related. This actually ruined several dates, but I could never be mad at Kermit the frog. *SQUEAL*
- Amsterdam is my favorite city in the world. I've been there last summer and I'd like to go back as soon as possible. I've never been to a city so chaotic and peaceful at the same time. I love the vibe it has and the fact that you can completely be yourself there and nobody's going to judge you. I'd love to live there, but this is just a dream. The photo you can see at the top of the page was actually taken in Amsterdam, on the third floor of a bookstore.